Do you have a question you want to ask?

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below to see if we can answer your question right here.
Our FAQs are grouped together in sections to make it easier for you.

How do I apply for a home?

Check out our 'Find a home' section which lets you know about how to apply.

Where do I get a housing application form?

Please check our Find a home section for details. Wheatley Homes South is part of a Common Housing Register with other partner landlords in Dumfries and Galloway known as Homes4D&G - you can find out more about applying for homes with Wheatley Homes South and complete an application form at Homes4D&G.

What is a mutual exchange?

A mutual exchange means swapping your home with another tenant from a housing association, housing co-op or local council.

You must not move home until you have permission in writing to go ahead with the exchange from Wheatley Homes South and the other housing owner and you have signed the Tenancy Agreement for your new home.

How do I arrange a mutual exchange?

You can find out more about mutual exchanges and apply through Homes4D&G.*

You can swap with other social housing, or local authority, tenants anywhere in the UK using HomeSwapper.

*Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, mutual exchanges are suspended.  If you are considering making a mutual exchange application at this time, please visit Homes4D&G.

How do I report a repair?

Report repairs on My Account. Don't have an account yet? Sign up for My Account. It's safe and secure, and it only takes a few minutes. You can also call us on 0800 011 3447.

Do I need to carry out some repairs?

Yes. It’s up to you to do small repairs around the home, including replacing:

  • plugs
  • toilet seats
  • cooker filters
  • lost keys
  • smoke alarm batteries.

When will my repair be carried out?

It depends on the repair. When you report your repair we'll let you know of the timescales for the work to be carried out.

When is my rent due?

Rent is due on/before the Monday of each week. You can choose to pay each week, fortnight, four-weekly or monthly or you may have an agreed arrangement with your housing officer. It’s up to you.

Speak to your housing officer to find out more about when your rent is due.

I am struggling to pay my rent. What do I do?

Speak to your housing officer as soon as you can. Your housing officer has a range of support services to get you back on track.

How do I pay my rent?

You can pay your rent online, by direct debit or over the phone.

Can I speak to my housing officer?

When you call us on 0800 011 3447 our staff will do their best to help and answer any questions. If you still wish to speak to your housing officer then we can arrange for a call back.

How do I report anti-social behaviour?

Check out our 'Reporting anti-social behaviour' section for details.

Can I make major alterations to my home?

You must get approval before making any changes. Get in touch with us as soon as possible using our online form.

You can also speak to your housing officer or call us.

No results were found