Paying rent on time
Make sure you pay your rent on time, every time. Don’t put your home at risk.
Your rent pays for vital Wheatley Homes South services, including repairs, tackling anti-social behaviour and our 24/7 customer first centre.
Rent also pays for services such as our welfare benefits and fuel advisors, and the support we provide to help people into jobs and training.
When is my rent due?
Rent is payable every week in advance by you due on or before the Monday of each week. If you become a tenant, you are responsible for rent from day one.
As soon as you accept the offer of a tenancy, you will be sent a Homecard to make rent payments. You must make at least one weeks' rent payment before you sign your tenancy agreement.
If you choose to pay fortnightly, four-weekly or monthly, payments must be made in advance to avoid your rent account falling into arrears.
Wheatley Homes South's preferred method of payment is Direct Debit. Your housing officer will discuss this or alternative payment methods with you when you take up your tenancy.
We're here to help
Our helpful staff are here to give you support and advice.
- If your circumstances change and you have to claim Universal Credit, you need to make a claim straight away. With Universal Credit every day counts. We can help you make a claim. It will then be up to you to pay your rent in full.
- Struggling with rent debt? We can help. Talk to us about a repayment plan. We’ll help you out of debt with a plan you can afford.
- Direct Debit is the best way to pay your rent. Always check there’s enough money in your bank to cover every Direct Debit.
We’re here for you 24/7. Get in touch today:
- Talk to your housing officer
- Call us 24/7 on 0800 011 3447