Saving money on your energy bills is just a few clicks away.
Small changes to your daily life can bring big savings. Just follow these simple tips:
- turn down your thermostat by 1°C
- on cold days, set your heating between 18°C and 21°C
- defrost your fridge to keep it in good condition
- turn off your TV and other appliances at night
- only fill kettles with the amount of water you need
- don't place large pieces of furniture in front of heaters
- turn off lights if you don’t need them
- use low-energy lightbulbs
- use a microwave rather than your oven.
Do you have a pre-payment meter? Are you struggling with energy costs? Get in touch with us today on 0800 011 3447 – we can help.
Worried about your energy bills?
Our fuel advisors help tenants of all ages find the lowest energy rates.
Don’t pay too much for your electricity and gas. Advisors can also arrange low-cost repayments if you have fallen behind with payments – or, in some cases, get debts written off.
Request an appointment on My Wheatley Homes South account.
Don't have an online account yet?
Sign up for My Wheatley Homes South It's safe and secure, and it only takes a few minutes.
If you need any help, contact our Customer First Centre on 0800 011 3447
A Smart Meter could help you save money, energy and stay safe.
There are a number of benefits to installing a smart meter including:
- Remote readings - easily check on your energy usage on the household display without having to climb or stretch to view meters in hard-to-reach places
- Your meter can be topped up remotely
- Readings are sent directly to your provider - no need to let anyone in to read your meter
Interested in learning more? Speak to us on 0800 011 3447 today. Our fuel advisors will call you and talk you through the benefits from having a smart meter installed.
Our Fuel Advice Team would like to thank the many funders who make their work possible.
- Scottish Federation of Housing Associations (SFHA)
- Big Energy Savings Network - the Citizens Advice Bureau